Restaurant Games For Toddlers
Waiting for your meal to arrive and trying to think up restaurant games for toddlers? Look no further! Here is a quick list of simple restaurant games for toddlers to keep them busy and distracted, while you wait for your food.
- Alphabet I Spy: One of the easiest and most educational restaurant games for toddlers! Turn the adult or kid’s menu into a game of I Spy. Try to pick out and find alphabet letters and numbers.
- Table Hide & Seek: Have your toddler shut their eyes. Using a napkin, hide an object on the table. Encourage your toddler to guess the object. They can feel the object through the napkin for help. Great use of the touch sense!
- Pick a Hand: Hide sugar packets or small toys in one hand and have your toddler guess which hand. Perfect way to teach left from right!
- Bag of Fun: Use your purse or a shopping bag. Gather up 4-5 small items (sugar packet, spoon, napkin) and place them in the bag. Your toddler can reach in and feel around. Get them to guess an object before pulling it out. Great game for sensory awareness.
- Count All Around: Use the restaurant as a teachable moment! One of the simplest restaurant games for toddlers will encourage counting. Count everything from people to chairs, cutlery, glasses and napkins.
Next time, think about bringing along Teach My’s Learning On The Go. Full of restaurant games for toddlers, the travelling set is lightweight and easy to grab on the way out of the door. Weighing just over a pound, the set contains a magnetic whiteboard, flashcards, magnetic tiles and wipe-off markers to learn the alphabet, numbers, shapes, colors and word building while in a restaurant, airplane, car, waiting room or at Grandma’s place!